Peanut butter cheesecake
Prep: 30 mins Cook: 5 mins
Serves 6 – 8
For the base
- 50g butter
- 175g pack peanut cookies
For the filling
- 5 gelatine leaf
- 500g tub ricotta
- 175g smooth peanut butter
- 175g golden syrup
- 150ml milk
- 270ml pot double cream
- 2 tbsp soft brown sugar
- 1 bar peanut brittle, crushed
- Oil and line a 20cm round loose- bottomed cake tin with cling film, making it as smooth as possible. Melt the butter in a pan. Crush the biscuits by bashing them in a bag with a rolling pin, then stir them into the butter until very well coated. Press the mixture firmly into the base of the tin and chill.
- Soak the gelatine in water while you make the filling. Tip the ricotta into a bowl, then beat in the peanut butter and syrup. Ricotta has a slightly grainy texture so blitz until smooth with a stick blender for a smoother texture if you prefer.
- Take the soaked gelatine from the water and squeeze dry. Put it into a pan with the milk and heat very gently until the gelatine dissolves. Beat into the peanut mixture, then tip onto the biscuit base. Chill until set.
- To freeze, leave in the tin and as soon as it is solid, cover the surface with cling film, then wrap the tin with cling film and foil.
- To defrost, thaw in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, carefully remove from the tin. Whisk the cream with the sugar until it holds its shape, then spread on top of the cheesecake and scatter with the peanut brittle.